As the leading marketplace for surplus mining and processing equipment, AMK has embraced the notion of a more sustainable mining industry for years.
Our model not only provides economic value to our customers by offering lower priced premium assets with a faster time to production, but we create a unique opportunity to positively impact the planet.
Many of our large equipment assets are unused, and nearly all of the $1 Billion in assets managed by AMK can be refurbished and reconfigured to be fit for purpose.
The impact of repurposing or upcycling a large Mill or Crusher can prevent:
- 1,000,000 LBS of finished steel from unnecessarily being produced
- 8.6 Million Pounds of CO2 from being released (or 3,925 Metric Tons)
The greenhouse gas emissions eliminated in this example equate to:
- 100 cars driving 100,000 miles each
- 4,325,347 pounds of coal being burned
- The offset of 5,127 acres of forest